Thursday, July 28, 2005

Forcing Natures Hand

This summer has been one of the longest and lately hottest summers I can remember. I just can not wait for cooler temperatures and football season. Truth be known, I hate summer. It is my least favorite season. You will never hear me bitch during the winter about how cold it is. The summer just sucks for a multitude of reasons. Trout fishing gets real slow here in Georgia during the summer due to high temperatures and lots of rain and about the only time you can Bass fish is in the later hours just before dark. Baseball, America's former passion now replaced by NFL, who needs it - I just can't stand it. Hell, I would rather watch my two dogs fight or attempt intercourse than watch baseball. Somedays it's just too damn hot to go outside at all. I just can not wait to be able to sit on my back deck and enjoy a cocktail in the evenings and the pleasant world of late summer/early fall.

Last night in a moment of frustration with this heatwave and this long summer I made a decision that I would attempt to force nature’s hand. I went to the liquor store and I bought myself a bottle of Wild Turkey and some Sweet Vermouth and then when I got home I resumed my normal pattern of drinking Manhattan's. Frankly I have grown quite tired of white liquor drinks and the weather in which we drink them. My hope is that maybe the liquor god's and the god's of weather will get together and say, "Enough is enough!" This poor boy in Georgia is drinking bourbon again we need to turn the air down for him.

Screw baseball and the boy's of summer with their beer and hot dogs. Bring me bourbon, pigskin, and a change in the weather!

Until tomorrow - Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home