Monday, June 20, 2005

Fishing Report

What can I say? It was a tough weekend on the water! We fished the Davidson River near Brevard, North Carolina and the South Mills also near Brevard. The water flows were about four times their normal level due to the rain from the tropical storm that hit the gulf coast last week. We worked our asses off out there and caught very few fish. Maybe they were freaked out about the water flows or maybe we are just bad fisherman. The Davidson River was damn sure loaded up with fish, we just could not catch them. The Davidson is a beautiful river with a lot of large wild Brown, Brook, and Rainbow Trout. In two days of fishing I caught one small Rainbow and my friends caught three to four fish each. We got a lot of exercise but caught very few fish.

I thought for a few minutes yesterday afternoon I was going to have to gas up the car and head back to North Carolina to unload our Monday playoff tickets. It looked for a minute that Campbell may fall apart and Woods may catch him, but in the end the Kiwi prevailed and there was no need to head back to North Carolina. Thank God.

We are now starting to get calls from the sellers of Brickyard 400 tickets. If you are a seller and you are reading this you may want to pay attention. This thing goes the same way every year and I see no reason it will not be the same this time around. The sellers have started calling and we are now in what I will call the "Stalemate" period. The "Stalemate" period will last for about three to four weeks. During this period I will start by offering the sellers about $15 less than face value and each week I will lower what I offer until I get to about half of face value, and during this period all of the callers will say something like, "but that's not even face value, no thanks." After about four weeks of us not buying any tickets and constantly lowering our offers the sellers will start calling at a more frantic pace and will be taking whatever we offer just to get something back for their soon to be worthless pieces of paper. Folks, we have a safe full of unused tickets for this race. There have been times when I have sent stacks of tickets to the street with the instruction to just get whatever you can for them, anything, and I get them all back unsold. It's almost as if you have to pay someone to take these things on the day of the race. If you are reading this and you have them, you may want to take the $15 under today because it is not going to get any better.

Until tomorrow - Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home